Physical Education Vision Statement
At St Joseph’s and St Gregory’s Primary School we believe all children should have access to a high quality Physical Education (PE) curriculum and PE should be an integral part of the whole school curriculum. Our School recognises the benefits high quality PE provision and school sport can give to all pupils.
Our PE curriculum aims to ensure that all pupils develop physical literacy and the fundamental knowledge, understanding and skills to excel in a wide range of physical activities, by providing a broad and balanced curriculum, which uses the Rosenshine Principles of Instruction as the fundamental basis.
At St Joseph’s and St Gregory’s Primary our Vision is to provide the highest quality PE for all children, of all abilities, to ensure the following Pupil Outcomes:
- Pupils will enjoy PE and School sport.
- Pupils will be committed to PE and sport, value it and make it part of their lives – both in and out of school.
- Pupils will know and understand what they are trying to achieve in PE and how to go about doing it.
- Pupils will understand that PE and sport are an important part of a healthy, active lifestyle.
- Pupils will gain in self-confidence by getting involved in PE and sport.
- Pupils will develop the skills and techniques they need to take part in PE and sport.
- Pupils will experience a wide range of competitive, creative and challenge-type activities, both as individuals and as part of a team or group.
- Pupils will think about what they are doing in PE, analyse and evaluate and make appropriate decisions for themselves.
- Pupils will show a desire to improve and achieve to the highest levels in relation to their own abilities and potential.
- Pupils will develop stamina, suppleness, strength and speed to enable them to become live long participants in sport and exercise.
Please see the below document for the PE progressional curriculum.